Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday Afternoon BBQ

So today was fun! Good food good company and all with the comforts of home. Andie and Brian invited everyone over for a fun small BBQ this afternoon. Just a good time with yummy home-cooked food. I always look forward to any meal at their house because as I have said before, I love my sisters cooking. She always goes all out and is really big in flavor. She can take the simplest recipe that my mom has been making for years and tweak it ever so slightly making what seems like a whole new dish out of something that is such a classic staple in our family.






Tonight, we had tri tip sandwiches and fish tacos. The tri tip is a pre-marinated piece of meat from Trader Joes. It is soooooo good. They have a few different types of marinades but they are all delicious. The fish tacos were delicious. The fish was Sculpin that Chad, Colleen's boyfriend had caught. He gave me a bag of meat and Brian a bag of meat a while ago. I cooked mine in butter, White wine, lemon, and garlic. It is a really good fish. I have never had it before, not too fishy. But it definitely dries out if you over cook it. Andie had marinated it in orange juice. All it needed was a little salt and it was perfect! She also made a homemade Aoili which was for the tri tip sandwiches but I put it on my fish taco with some poco de gallo, and avocado!!! Voila! It was of course every bit as delicious as it sounds. The meat was wonderful and went too quickly. Andie- did you even get a piece? :-(












I don't think that it is too difficult to see how we spent the remainder of the evening. It is funny how something so familiar takes us all back to a time and place when life was simpler and the most pressing thing was making sure you had the perfect marshmallow. Now, everyone had a different preference, but I keep it nice and simple; as you can see in my picture. Burnt to a crisp. Andie brought these brilliant cookies which eliminated half of the mess. Graham cracker cookies half dipped in chocolate. Genius!!!



Great night, good food, good company. Thank you Andie and Brian for hosting!!! The food was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment