Sunday, May 1, 2011

Prime Cut Steak House

Hello All,

So you will notice that my out to dinner night is typically Saturday. I try extremely hard not to go out on weeknights because I like to be home with Jackson and keep him on a strict schedule. Saturday night is usually a good dinner night for me whether I am at home, out with my family, or out to dinner with friends. Last night was no exception. I went to Prime Cut Steak House, in Orange for a friends birthday dinner!

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I had to take the pictures on my Iphone which doesn't even come close to my Canon. Also, don't know what happened but the picture of my dinner, the 8oz Hanger Steak is gone?!

It was soooooo good; Rare, cool to the touch on the inside, yummy piece of meat with only a little bit of fat. I was in heaven and ate every single bite. I am not a big drinker at all, but I had a glass of Veremonte Pinot Noir to go with my dinner and it was delicious! My steak came with Au Gratin potatoes- which I don't even like potatoes, but they were very cheesy and good! We shared a few sides- The Marscarpone Polenta was AMAZING!!! I have been to Prime Cut once before with my Dad and sisters so I knew that the polenta was good! I couldn't even get a picture because I was too busy stuffing my face!


Another side we shared was the Burgundy Mushrooms! So good, but not something that everyone like. I guess you have to be a mushroom person!



Some of the other things people ordered- The Prime Rib is first. It looked good, but for me personally, you can get Prime Rib anywhere. The puff pastry bread was really cool though!!!!
Below that is the 16oz Rib-Eye which looked soooo good. You can see the Au Gratin potatoes that I was talking about. They were delicious and cheesy and gooey!!! So Good.

All in all, I really liked this place. We had the private dining room in the Wine Cellar which was fun. The service was horrible. Literally horrible. But we all agreed that the food more than made up for the bad service. I worked in a family restaurant, a burger place, nothing fancy- but still I cannot stand poor service. And when there is an 18% gratuity automatically built into the bill because there was 10 of us, it gives the wait staff no incentive to do a good job. Which they didn't. Loved the food though, great company], and ended up being a really nice night. I would definitely go there again!!!!

Oh and Alicia- I am running this one through spell check don't worry!!!

PS- We talked about going to a distillery next weekend in Newport Beach and making our own beer?! I don't like beer, I am not a huge drinker but it sounded REALLY fun! And just the kind of thing I can blog about!! So let's see what happens- I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment