Saturday, April 30, 2011

Francoli Gourmet...Authentic Northern Italian Cuisine

 So this Thursday, we went out to dinner for Christina's birthday! Alix, Stephanie, Christina and I went to the new Italian restaurant in the Circle, Francoli Gourmet. Francoli's specializes in Northern Italian Gourmet. We all were looking forward to this as we heard good reviews from multiple different people.  Dinner started out in typical Italian fashion...CARBS. Bread came out with Bbalsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil. Needless to say, we munched on the bread dipped in vinegar and oil while figuring out what we were going to eat for dinner.



We also tried the Bruschetta, which I thought was really good. On top of the tomatoes was thick shavings of fresh Parmesan.... mmmm it was so cheesy and good! The great debate came up- how to eat your Bruschetta? Alix and I used a fork and a knife, and Stephanie and Christina opted for their hands. I like to eat Bruschetta with my hands but the tomatoes always fall off mid bite and it looks so sloppy so I figured I'd use a knife and fork this time!


Entrees came out in a timely manner. Everyone's looked good and smelled better. I ordered the Linguine Seafood Special, but switched up my noodles to Penne. For some reason, I cannot stand long noodles. No Spaghetti, linguine, or angel hair for me. Don't ask me why- its a texture thing.
Anyways, my pasta was good. Alix liked it better than hers. The red sauce was just the right kind of sweet without being heavy. I didn't taste any sand which meant that the clams and mussels were cleaned well and that always makes me happy. I was a little grossed out by the octopus in my pasta and could barely stand to look at it, but it made up for it in flavor.


They brought out Tiramisou for Christina's birthday, and O M G it was so good. I am a snob about my tiramisou, I think all of my sisters are that way. But this was a yummy, fresh, soaked through the cake Tiramisou.We all scarfed it down!





All in all, the food was good in my opinion. Good, but not great. I did love the tiramisou and would go back for more. The atmosphere was nice, we sat on the patio and the weather was perfect! I had fun with my sisters and Christina. I would eat there again, but I am a snob about Italian food because of the way that my dad raised us all. It was a good night all in all. Especially ending with the tiramisou! I can't get over how good it was!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment