Monday, May 2, 2011

Cakes Cakes Cakes

Hi Muffin Topzz,

So tonight dinner at home was really boring. Instead of blogging about dinner tonight I am going to do a fun blog- ode to Cakes! I love love love to bake. I don't have as much free time to bake as I would like but I love to bake when I can. Cupcakes are my favorite thing in the whole entire world. The whole Muffin Topzz name came from my sisters. I love cupcakes and my favorite part of cupcakes/muffins is the top! So Voila- Muffin Topzz. Plus isn't a Muffin Top something that we all unfortunately have but can't quit eating good food so we'll settle for the next size up pants? I'm teasing maybe that's just me???
Anyways- it is my dream and goal to have a bakery one day with beautiful, cute, yummy gourmet cupcakes, cakes, desserts, pastries, etc... I have ZERO training- I should preface by saying that this IDEA  that I am an amazing baker is all in my head haha. I am a good baker but I need a lot more practice. My sisters ( which I am the baby of 5 girls) like to say that I have great ideas but not quite the polished technique to always pull it off. I am working on it though!!!

One thing that I have mastered seamlessly however- are my cream puffs!!! They are AMAZING!!!

Okay, so below are some cakes that I have made for various occasions as well as a special Guest Appearance cake debut by my cousin Cooper- who is a little baker in training. By the way- Cooper is 11 years old!!!! Go Cooper!!!



For all the people out there who live under a rock- this is Muno from Yo Gabba Gabba. This is Jackson's favorite show in the whole world. He loves the music, and crazy characters, etc... I made this Muno cake for Jaxs 1st birthday!!!! This was the kids cake; I did make an adult cake but this was the BIG DEAL!!! I was so proud of this cake and Jackson was so happy when he saw it! The frosting was a nightmare to clean out of his special 1st birthday shirt, of course.


This cake was a group effort, by Colleen, Stephanie, myself, and Cooper for a cake contest for Cooper's school! The theme was a country farm and needless to say:

WE WON FIRST PLACE woop woop woop


I made this cake for my Bosses birthday in November. It was my first attempt at a Gluten Free cake. Surprisingly, the cake itself was sooooo good. My only problem with this one was that I didn't temper the chocolate long enough for the ganache; so it still was a little grainy. Not the end of the world, but definitely not my finest moment, especially because this cake went to work and was for my boss!!! Thankfully, all of my coworkers liked it anyways and we all laughed about the sugar. I was totally embarrassed- but hey I am still in the rookie phase so it's allowed.


Guest Feature- Cooper's Carrot Cake
From Cooper directly- "Yum, here is a picture of my great grandma's Carrot cake. Yes, from scratch. I found this recipe with my grandma, I made it, and...WOW, best cake ever..."

Cooper- This cake looks delicious and I am jealous that you didn't save me a bite.

So that's it for tonight- I wonder who else is as hungry with a sweet tooth as I am right now???

1 comment: