Saturday, May 7, 2011

LoneStar Restaurant

Hello Muffin Topzz,

Don't worry I haven't been starving, I just haven't had anything wonderful to eat. Until last night! Last night, I went to dinner with my family, Mom, Charlie, Stephanie, and my little love bug Jackson. We went early so that I could get Jackson home early enough to stay on track with his schedule, meaning bath time and bedtime! So, Charlie decided to go to LoneStar in Tustin. I have never been there before. But Andie and Brian love it and I have heard my mom and Charlie talk about it so many times!!!





So the atmosphere was really fun. We sat down in a booth and got started out with fresh warm rolls. What really got me wasn't the rolls, but the HONEY MAPLE BUTTER!!! If ever there was something that I wish I could eat every single day and never get sick of- it would be honey maple butter. I Loved it!!! I think I probably ate about 12 rolls too many, but the butter was so sweet and delicious and I loved it! Jackson loved it too! He was eating bites from my roll and sitting there with his mouth wide open at me! It was pretty cute!


As many of you have probably figured out, I will talk about Jackson in this blog but I do not believe in putting pictures of my son on the Internet. I am a really paranoid mom, just ask my pictures. But he is my whole entire world and so I will share little bits and pieces when necessary to explain a certain food occasion. So, Jackson is 16 months old but a he is a HUGE boy. He looks like he is 2 years old and eats like a 6 year old. He ate rolls with honey maple butter, tomatoes from my salad, and his entree was the Mac and Cheese you see above. Ok, I know I should have gotten him protein but Jackson HATES chicken and is picky about his meat. So this time, I took the safe route and got him Mac and Cheese. Well, he ate practically the whole entire helping as well as the applesauce, and some of my mashed potatoes. He is a little beast and I love him to pieces

*** Jackson's favorite part about LoneStar was that every 45 minutes, this music comes on and the whole entire staff stops what they are doing and does a line dance in the middle of the restaurant! Jackson was bopping to the music! I thought is was funny but would hate to be one of those employees. I could see it in there eyes that some of them were absolutely dying inside to have to be dancing and smiling and pretending to be having so much fun! You could just tell that they were hating life at that moment!


I ordered that 8oz filet Mignon with garlic mashed potatoes. I really liked that mashed potatoes. The garlic was really potent and they weren't starchy at all! I am not a potato person but I really liked these and thought they were pretty nice.



My filet came out perfectly cooked. Medium Rare. I was going to get rare but being that I had never been to LoneStar before, I didn't want to take a risk on a good piece of meat. It was good. Not fabulous. Not Bad. I ate all of it. But I definitely have had better!



All in all, Lonestar is a really fun atmosphere with good food! It was loud with country music pumping out so that made a nice cushion for Jackson to have fun and be loud. The music and decor was great and just as much country as I like. I can see why my mom and Charlie like it there so much. I would definitely try something different next time we go, because it definitely worth a second chance. LoneStar was a fun time and as long as Jackson was happy- I was happy!!!

I am off to the Old Town Orange Artisan Farmers Market with Andie right now so I will be posting later about that!!!! See you Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment