Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Taco Mesa mmmmmmm

Ok, typically I don't go to Taco Mesa on Monday nights. But I was having a craving and couldn't help it. Taco Mesa is a small, festive healthier Mexican restaurant on Chapman Ave in Orange. My mom, Kim and I get taco Tuesday from there a lot and it's funny because Jackson loves the chicken tacos from there. I will never forget that at 10 months old Jackson ate 1 whole chicken taco, tortilla included and rice and beans. He is such a tank!!!
Anyways, I love Taco Mesa. Kim and I are the only ones in my whole family who love it. It's clean, the atmosphere is bright and kid friendly and everyone who works there is really nice. I can remember eating there with my mom from a really long time ago, and just she and I. It was like a special treat. And I love it still the same today.

So on Monday night I went on a date with Jackson to Taco Mesa. He got a chicken taco and immediately dumped the whole thing on the floor. I had to reorder another taco- which by the way, they gave me free of charge because they saw what had happened and didn't make me pay for an additional taco. Again, just a little tiny factor that makes my overall experience enjoyable every time. So Jackson ate his dinner and I had ordered my typical Taco Mesa meal.



3 shrimp tacos on flour tortillas, with extra cotija cheese and sour cream white sauce. Ok, this is such a yummy dinner I can't even explain it. The shrimp is a tiny bit spicy, grille with cayenne pepper and butter, then they add a cabbage mix which is just the right amount. I cannot stand when they add all lettuce and barely any meat or shrimp to a taco. There are so shrimp it's delicious. They do not skip on anything. On top of the cabbage mix is this sour cream white sauce. It is fresh and zesty and provides the perfect mild to the cayenne pepper. The tacos are topped off with traditional cotija cheese. Simply delicious.


Yes, I order 3 tacos every time and eat them all. These aren't street tacos either. They are full sized full of shrimp tacos that taste every bit as good and as juicy as the pictures above look.

Taco Mesa is a constant staple in my life. It's delicious always, a great environment always, kid friendly if Jack and I decide to have dinner inside, and tasted just as good when you get takeout- which is typical of a Tuesday night in my house. It's affordable and fun, and they just expanded their menu. I recommend you go and get hooked just like I am!!!!

http://www.tacomesa.net/menu.htm

Taco Mesa
3533 East Chapman Ave
Orange CA 92869
714.633.3922








No comments:

Post a Comment