Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday Night Food Trucks

It's that time again!!! Food Trucks on Thursday night at Best Buy in East Orange on Tustin Ave.


These are 2 beef tacos from the Chorino food truck. Corn tortillas, beef, cheese, veggies, and all the goodies that a classic taco comes with. I ordered Jackson a chicken quesadilla from this truck as well but he was not interested. I think he knew what was to come so he held off for something better.


Barcelona on the Go !!!!!!


Here is a terrible picture of the Barcelona on the Go food truck. As I have said in past blogs- this truck has incredible food. Truck or not the Manchego Mac and cheese is the best mac and cheese that I have ever had. Some people were raving about the steak fries which they had on the menu last week. They served fries with cheese and scallions with thinly sliced steak on top and some kind of sauce. It sounded great but wasn't on the menu tonight. Jackson and I stuck with the classics! This is a truck worth following. I have listed calendar for the food truck below direct from their website: www.Barcelonaonthego.com

Be sure to try them out when they are in your area!!!
Alicia- this is right up your alley! Definitely not something your kids would like but you should make time when they are in your area :-)


Thursday, June 30
11:00am

Lunch @ 80 Technology, Irvine
When
Thu, June 30, 11am – 2pm
Where
80 Technology, Irvine (map)
more details» copy to my calendar
5:30pm

Best Buy - Orange
Friday, July 1
11:00am

Private Event
When
Fri, July 1, 11am – 2pm
more details» copy to my calendar
5:00pm

Private Event
When
Fri, July 1, 5pm – 9pm
more details» copy to my calendar
Saturday, July 2
9:00am

SoCo Farmers Market (3303 Hyland Ave, Costa Mesa)
When
Sat, July 2, 9am – 2pm
Where
3303 Hyland Ave, Costa Mesa (map)
more details» copy to my calendar
5:00pm

Private Event
Sunday, July 3
11:00am

OC Market Place (88 Fair Dr, Costa Mesa)
Tuesday, July 5
11:00am

SoCo Gourmet Truck (3303 Hyland Ave, Costa Mesa)
Tuesday, July 12
11:00am

SoCo Gourmet Truck (3303 Hyland Ave, Costa Mesa)
Tuesday, July 19
11:00am

SoCo Gourmet Truck (3303 Hyland Ave, Costa Mesa)
Tuesday, July 26
11:00am

SoCo Gourmet Truck (3303 Hyland Ave, Costa Mesa)
Showing events until 7/31. Look for more



This is a prime example of how good the mac and cheese is!! Jackson couldn't wait to get his chubby little hands on it! Ps- this is the most you will ever get to see Jackson so enjoy his little hand.





Here is a view of the rest of our treats. Shrimp tacos with the Aoili from Barcelona on the go. Jacksons chicken and cheese quesadilla from Chorino, which he didn't eat. And the most AMAZING bacon wrapped dates that I have ever had.


I guess I am not very knowledgeable in dates- but I do know one thing. I like dates. And I like dates wrapped in bacon even more. It was incredible. My Aunt Andrea makes bacon wrapped blue cheese stuffed dates which are nothing less than phenomenal. These dates, from Barcelona on the Go were so delicious. The perfect way to describe it is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. The bacon was crisp and salty and complimented the sweetness of the date so well! The date itself to me was hardly crunchy with a soft melting set of layers that reminded me of a good baklava. The layers literally fell apart in my mouth at the sweet and salty combined to make for the perfect morsel and perfect bite. I really would like to learn how to cook these and to make something similar.


Same shrimp tacos I got last time! Just as good the second time. And I was hoping just the same amount for a good ole flour tortilla.


This truck, the Los Chinos food truck arrived a Jackson was melting down and we were on our way out. I know that the side of the truck said Latin Asian food which sounds interesting. I overheard some people saying that this was a really popular food truck- but as far as I am concerned, they were late. And that means off my radar until I see them again. I did take a picture though because the artwork on the truck itself is so cool. The body of the truck is purple, but it is covered in El Dia De Los Muertos, or the Day of the Dead Sugar Skulls for those who don't speak Spanish. It was really pretty to look at and I cannot wait to try the food!


Food trucks takes place every Thursday Night in the Best Buy parking lot in East Orange. The prices are reasonable and the food is good with a decent selection. The crowd was definitely bigger this week but food was served quickly which was nice. My only gripe is that I like to sit somewhere when I eat. I don't like eating out of my lap. I wish they had tables, but hey, one step at a time. And so far I am loving Thursday Night Food Trucks. See you out there next week---

No comments:

Post a Comment