Friday, June 24, 2011

My kind of meal....In N Out

I am a California girl with the eating habit of a 40 year old man or a 16 year old teenage boy. I love to eat, I crave hearty meals, and I am completely unapologetic about this.
When I was younger my sister would bring me #1 from In N Out with animal style fries on game days. I would eat that, a double double with fries covered in cheese and spread and a large drink 45 minutes before I was about to go play in a water polo game. And the funny thing is I never got sick and never lost a game!

Anyways, the point of this blog is to share one of my real loves in life with my bloggers. To those from California, In N Out isn't a novelty. It is a way of life. To those not from California, In N Out is a novelty. It is to some, an urban legend, and to a specific few- it is the purpose to move across the country.



What you see above, for those of you unfamiliar with In N Out lingo, is a #2 with grilled onions, animal style fries, and a large pink lemonade.


To explain this let's start with Animal style fries as shown above. I would like to present the testimony of Alicia, you can note that she is a follower of this blog- that yes they look disgusting. But animal style fries are one of mans greatest creations.
Animal style fries are regular fries, with two pieces of cheese melted over them, grilled onions, with In N Out secret sauce spread on top of them. You can eat them with your hands but I prefer to use a fork as I don't like my hands to stink like onions.


A #2 is your classic cheeseburger. 2 buns, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, option of raw, grilled or no onion, and lettuce. I carry on with the intention of bad breath and order my cheeseburger with grilled onions.
In N Out has a 21 item secret menu. I will be doing a blog about the secret menu in the upcoming weeks. It is my goal to go with a small group and order every item off of the secret menu, and to blog about it. I know a few true enthusiasts in my family and sure I can scrounge up a few others who would be willing to help with this business lunch we will need to have.


Anyone ever heard of the "Flying Dutchman???" Think about it!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment