Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bocee Ball and Food Truck Festival


First and foremost, before I get to blogging about the bocee ball festival, I wanted to say thank you to my sister Andie, for inviting me, and to CupCake Wine and Vodka for hosting the event and making it possible for us all to attend!
We had a long drive past Ventura, past Oxnard, and we ended up in Santa Paula, California. The lemon ranch was beautiful. The property was gorgeous and looked like a beautiful wedding venue. It was cloudy out but the weather was about 70ish and overcast. It was exactly the kind of day that I am interested in!  
The gang's all here: (from left to right) John, Stephanie, Christina, and Andie


Let the Bocce Ball begin- this was a really serious tournament apparently. The tournament was said to be for amateurs to pros but honestly everyone was taking it so seriously- it was pretty funny.

What you see above, is my "Irish Tea Reading." Stephanie, Andie, Christina and I all had our tea leaves read and I have to say, I was hoping for a revelation. She told us all some information that was pretty spot on for each of our lives, despite my best attempt to be skeptical. I was told that I will be going on a small quick trip in July- so I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for a fun getaway. She also told me that in January, someone will enter my life who is very technologically advanced and computer savvy; Andie pointed out a very good point that it might have to do with my blog and business!!! So keep your fingers crossed!!! I won't reveal what else that she shared with me, but if it comes true I will be the first to let you know!
Stephanie literally had a rose in her tea cup and Christina had a full person in her tea leaves! It was so weird! Plus the sweet lady had a stain on her dress that I couldn't stop looking at! It was really distracting but really fun and exactly what I needed to bring me out of my funk.

 Let the food trucks begin
Tornado Potato- Andie, Christina and I started off here at Tornado Potato with there flavored hot dogs and sausages wrapped in curly cue potatoes.

I got a chicken jalapeno sausage wrapped in the potato curly cues. This was a really cute idea that looked great and caught your eye from a mile away!

Christina got a beef sausage- and dressed it up in typical hot dog fashion- mustard and ketchup but made it look so pretty! This is the perfect example of how creative the Tornado Potato was but it was so difficult to eat. It was really annoying to be honest!


Andie's hot dog- The other thing about the hot dogs that made it difficult to eat was that besides the potato wrap which made it impossible to eat, the whole entire thing was deep fried. Don't get me wrong, I love fried Twinkies but eating a fried wrapped potato wrapping a hot dog that is deep fried as well just isn't for me.


I had read about Spencer's Fish Company online and was really excited about eating the Giant Taco which is world famous!




 I started with an Ahi Pocket, which was raw Ahi, on top of rice served with a traditional Aoili in a small pita pocket. It was so good. I did pick through the rice and only ate the Ahi and pita. I eat rice, but I really don't love to. The Ahi was so good and fresh and the Aioli sauce was amazing!


Above is Shrimp and cream cheese that I got so that we all could share. They were good, and typical cream cheese won-tons, but the sweet sauce on top was amazing. They were served with a scallion garnish on the outside, but every bite was so good!


This is the world famous giant taco. They have two versions- fried fish, or seared Ahi. I am sure you can imagine which one I ordered. I got the Ahi- why would anyone eat fried anything when you have the option of seared fresh fish in front of you? The same Aioli was served which again was so good and a tiny bit spicy with the right amount, with a light cabbage mix served on a corn tortilla. I know that I have said it before- but if I had my way, I would do it on a flour tortilla.  


Christina's BBQ Sandwich- I only had a small bite but the smoke that lingered in my mouth 5 minutes after the bite is the testimony to the quality of the food! It was so good and I wish that I had had more than just a bite!



I used to have a thing for Orange Soda. I really had a serious thing for Orange Soda.
Oh man, it was bad! So here is my ode to Orange Soda.


This is basically what my heaven looks like.

Cake balls of assorted flavors- Chocolate with chocolate frosting, chocolate with butterscotch, and chocolate with mint flavor frosting!

Homemade Swiss Cake Rolls- Really?
Did this just happen?

Deconstructed Red Velvet Cupcake

Really, the cake wasn't that great but the "frosting" was amazing. It was served chilled and was thick and creamy but not too rich and overpowering! I loved it.


Stephanie ate this cake ball- chocolate with butterscotch frosting! She said it was really good.


Besties!
Stephanie, Christina, and Sam (me)

Lemon Chiffon CupCake Vodka- this was the sponsored drink of the event!


Chiffon, Frosting, and Original flavored CupCake Vodka


Thank you again Cupcake wine!!! We had a blast. I was hoping for more food trucks and more gourmet food trucks to be exact! Hopefully, because it was the first event that they have had I think that it was a learning curve, so next time hopefully I will have more food to blog about!

No comments:

Post a Comment