Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Warm up for this weekend!!'

Ok- this weekend I will be live-blogging from a Bocce ball and food truck festival in Ventura! In honor of what's to come this weekend I had a little food truck heaven last Thursday night. Jackson and I were driving home wondering what I should make for dinner when we saw what looked like a mirage!
At the Best Buy parking lot in Orange, on Tustin Ave- there were 8 food trucks sprawled out and grilling away for my giddy delight! I got so excited and immediately thought this was a sign for me! I turned around and pulled in for a little food truck heaven for Jackson and I!

Best Buy Easy Orange
2375 North Tustin St
Orange CA 92865
Bestbuy.com/store/eastorange




Seabirds food truck was an organic food truck serving local foods... Nothing screamed out- eat me!!!!


French crepes!!!! I will definitely be indulging this guilty pleasure on Thursday night. They were serving savory and sweet crepes and I cannot wait to try both!


The truck you see above is known as "Barcelona on the go."
The chef, Jennifer Norton, was such a pleasure as were her fresh made daily sauces which I enjoyed on my two street tacos below! I had 1 steak taco with a corn and cilantro salsa. It was good. Mildly spicy with the meat still warm. I do personally however, prefer a flour tortilla over flour any day of the week so that would be my only criticism.


As you all know- I am a sucker for a good shrimp taco as well as a good macaroni and cheese! I enjoyed the shrimp tacos with an Aoili sauce and the manchego macaroni and cheese. Yes. Manchego. See the menu below! It was delicious!!!


The mac and cheese was phenomenal. It was so creamy and gooey with the perfect amount of crumbs and texture on top. Th cheese was sharp but also sweet with a touch of salt. Honestly this was the best Mac and cheese that I have had in a long time- and if you read my blog you know that that is saying a lot from me.
Next time I see the Barcelona on the go truck I am praying for two things! I want to eat the bacon wrapped dates and the Spanish Monte cristo. I have listed the menu and weblinks below. This really is a food truck worth following and I will be on the lookout for when they are out and about again!


Sweet Potato Fries with Lime Salt

Bacon Wrapped Dates

Papas, Huevos & Chorizo*

Egg & Chorizo Tacos*

Truck-Made Chilaquiles*

Potato, Artichoke Heart & Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata*

Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle

Top Sirloin Tacos with Roasted Corn Salsa

Manchego Mac & Cheese

Roasted Vegetable Panini with Chimichurri

The Spanish Monte Cristo

Grilled Chicken Sandwich & Fries

Catalan Sausage Sandwich

Paella Valenciana*

USDA Prime Top Sirloin & Fries with Chimichurri


Items subject to change based on seasonality of products.

*Served on weekends. We strongly recommend that you preorder Paella ahead of time via phone @ (949) 939-6798, via our Facebook Fan page, or by email.

2010 Barcelona OntheGo All Rights Reserved. | Home | Contact Us | Twitter | Facebook




Next, was Spudrunners Gourmet Fry Truck.

I don't even like fries so I don't know what I was thinking- except that Jackson could eat a grilled cheese and we could share some gourmet Irish potatoes. I ordered Jackson a grilled cheese on wheat with sharp cheddar, Brie, and tomatoes. The disappointing thing was that the cheese wasn't even close to being melted which made Jackson totally disinterested in eating it and made the whole sandwich a waste besides the tomatoes, which he did eat. The Irish fries were good, but that's it. Irish fries. How can you mess that up? I did order them with a sun dried tomato ranch to dip in which really exceeded my expectations. I don't know if the grilled cheese issue was due to the truck aesthetics or what? In theory it sounded great and the line was long for Spudrunners. But the execution was a disappointment. I would definitely take a do over though!!! I am a sucker for second chances and was wanting it to be so delicious!

Spudrunners Gourmet Fry Truck
714.270.9012
www.spudrunners.com




Lastly, we finished up at what proved to be a small delight- the "Bakerytruck"

It was a cute, clean, and quaint dessert truck which featured cookies, cream puffs, cupcakes, and bunch cakes. What you see above is a strawberry cream puff and it tasted better than it looks! The truck served milk which was a sweet adage to their schtick.

Bakerytruck
562.536.8774
www.morselsbakingco.com

I will be there this Thursday supporting my local food trucks at Best Buy of East Orange. Hope to see you there! And check back this Sunday for live blog updates from the Ventura Bocce ball and Food Truck festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment