Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday BBQ at my Dad's

Last Sunday, we had a family BBQ at my Dad's house. My dad is the King of BBQ, and there is nothing I love more than a BBQ at his house. It reminded me of my childhood- oldies on the radio, swimming until my eyes burn, and getting out of the pool to eat snacks all day long. I felt like a little kid all over again. Andie delegated and made us all bring an appetizer, as our family was here from Colorado and WE ARE ALL SNACKERS.

 Above is Andie's spinach dip. It was a little stringy for me but the bread tasted good and it was a nice light summer snack.
I brought a delicious snack. When I bring things to a party, or make things to eat at home, I always like to make something that I WANT to eat! I like to make snacks and treats for other people that I like to enjoy! I brought a toasted french roll with goat cheese and apricot jam spread over the top. It was such a delicious snack and tasted so good! I really liked my snack and was happy to share with everyone!

 I am obsessed with goat cheese and any kind of jam. I wanted and cranberry jam on top of goat cheese but they didn't have that at the store so Stephanie suggested Apricot jam, so I tried that and loved it!!!

 My Dad BBQed two 13 pound Prime Ribs. The meat smelled incredible and tasted heavenly.

 Just a glass of Red Wine that my Uncle Larry was having. I like this picture! Not sure why but it was pretty.
 The meat was a little bit overcooked- I would have preferred to have my meat medium rare but it was great anyways!!!
 Andie made a berry trifle for dessert. She layered raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries, lemon curd, whipped cream, and angel food cake. I love a trifle. The lemon curd was so tart and bitter I couldn't have asked for a more perfect ending to great day with my family. The only thing missing was Jackson!

No comments:

Post a Comment