Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Starbucks Delight

Days when I have to trade off Jackson are always hard. I miss my little love bug so much and just try to make the time go by quickly until I get to see him again.
Picking up jack after not seeing him for any amount of time is always something I love. On Monday, I went to pick up Jackson from my ex-husband with my mom. We got there early so I drove through Starbucks for a small treat. We both had black iced tea, unsweetened. Kim got a small and I had a venti!!!
My only complaint about Starbucks is their lack of lemons. They made a really decent black iced tea and yet they don't serve lemons. Now, if you have read my Woodranch BBQ blog you will remember how useless I think a lemon sliver is. Give me a thick, big wedge and call it a day. I ask for a lemon to flavor my beverage not for a garnish. I'm not that snobby to waste my energy on demanding a garnish. I enjoy nothing more than an iced tea that is so cold, with a big huge lemon wedge squeezed into it. I am a simple girl with simple wants and needs. I don't think that's too much to ask for!!!






Back to the point of this blog- so my mom and I stopped for a little treat before we were able to pick jack up! I ordered two red velvet whoopie pies. My mom said the cakes tasted like stale cupcakes but I liked them that way. I don't enjoy mess with crumbs all over me, therefore a stale cake whoopie pie hit the spot for me! All was right in my world- I had red velvet whoopie pies, Jackson was home and I couldn't have been happier- minus the lack of lemon in my tea!!! Sometimes it's the littlest things that can make a difference in your day. And for me, that difference was a whoopie pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment