Thursday, July 21, 2011

Guest Feature- Alicia Seevers, Seasons 52

Ok, so this blog is a little bit out of the norm for me- because I didn't write it!!! I stole this blog from Alicia!!! She recently celebrated her birthday, (no Alicia) I won't reveal your age online, but below is the documented journey at Seasons 52 at South Coast Plaza.
FYI- Alicia you better take me here, after reading this blog, I cannot wait to go and try the flat bread pizza! Thanks again for letting me copy your blog and steal it for a repost on Muffin Topzz.

Please note that the following was written by Alicia Seevers, and not by the author of Muffin Topzz

So we headed to Seasons 52 at South Coast Plaza.

The place was PACKED for a Monday night. I honestly thought I was back in Arizona where EVERYONE eats out EVERY NIGHT of the week. Yet it wasn't 108 degrees and Kim and Michael were missing!

I picked Seasons 52 because it's new and Nurse Claire had said it was fabulous. The fact that every item on their menu is under 475 calories was just a bonus.


While we had a 6:30 reservation. They were not ready to seat us, so we headed to the bar and ordered drinks. In the middle of the bartending island was a baby grand piano with a really great piano player. It was an added bonus and enjoyable. I ordered the Bacardi Mojito which is made with organic agave nectar instead of simple sugar making it a Skinny Mojito. Kim and I have become quite the connoisseurs. We drank many in Arizona. I joke that Chris is going to blame her for my mojito drinking during the week, but I think she's off the hook since the children (via Chris) gave me a muddler and lime squeezer!



Seasons 52 is known for their signature flat breads. Since we were 30 minutes late being seated they sent us out a complimentary one. We would have ordered one anyway. No, we did not complain, after all we were not in a hurry. But believe me, the restaurant guy and his well-trained wife did take note! The hostess informed us of this as we were seated and they apologized for not seating us at our reservation time. This is the plum tomato flat bread. Absolutely wonderful. If there weren't so many other combinations to try, I'd order it again. Poor Chris I made him wait until I had a picture of everything we ordered before he could dig in.


We shared a salad. This is the spinach salad with raspberries, goat cheese (sorry Monica and Kim), and pine nuts. I think Chris ate more of it than I did which means it was good because Chris is not a big salad guy!


Chris ordered the grilled sea scallops with pearl pasta and asparagus. He loved it and as you can see, less calories doesn't translate into smaller portions. The pearl pasta was really good and something I'd look for at restaurants in the future. I'm not a big scallop person so I left those to him and as expected he left the asparagus on his plate like a garnish!


I was torn between two shrimp dishes, but the server told me the lamb chops were the way to go. I love lamb chops and they were the special of the night. Three t-bone style lamb chops served with truffle mashed potatoes and asparagus. Unlike Chris, I cleaned my plate!


Seasons 52 has a copyright on their Mini Indulgence desserts. The server brings out a serving dish with approximately 8 of these dessert on display. The idea is that you "get what you pick." You take it right off the display and it's yours. This is the peanut butter and chocolate that Chris chose.


I went with the red velvet cake. I honestly never understand why red velvet items are often garnished with a raspberry. Yet the desserts were excellent. I will try something else next time. The Meyer lemon or server recommended blueberry crumble.

The entire dinner and experience was to die for. We will definitely be returning sometime soon! I want to go there for lunch some time as well. Heck I'd go there for mojitos, flat bread, and the piano player!

No comments:

Post a Comment