Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Finbars- South Coast Plaza

Unfortunately, this isn't a good blog/review. This restaurant, Finbars, located at South Coast Plaza was less than mediocre and that is being nice. I don't have much to say, besides the food being awful and the atmosphere extremely awkward.


I have an affinity for taking pictures of oil and vinegar, I will confess my weakness.




This was supposed to be an Italian version of fondue, made of mozzarella, but it was AWFUL!!! The cheese was not melted at all and the oil was gooping on top of the dish in an extremely unappetizing way. Also, I can't stand when bread is over toasted. This bread came out cold, over toasted, and inevitably hard as a rock.
I had pasta with artichoke hearts, and what was supposed to be pancetta and a light cream sauce. This ended up being pasta with overcooked bacon and a cream sauce. The sauce wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. It was Switzerland. Completely neutral, with no flavor, beyond the burnt taste of the bacon.
I am sorry to say, but this was a horrible restaurant with awful food. I felt bad because the owner ( who I am assuming is the owner) was a sweet lady who kept coming by the table to see that everything was ok. I don't like being negative on my blog but I have to be honest, and honestly- this place was awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment