Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hot Dog/ Ice Cream Social

In light of all that has happened over the last couple weeks, my family, and especially my cousins Cooper and McKenna needed some cheering up. My mom, who has been so great to them decided to throw a Hot Dog/ Ice Cream Social to celebrate the first day of school for my two favorite cousins.


All my sisters came over, plus my brother in laws, plus of course Miss Cake, plus my two nieces who are both "cooking in the oven!" It was a full house, including my mom, Jackson and I. It was loud and hot. But Coop and McKenna deserved the best!

Andie brought out her hot dog machine, and kept the bbqd dogs on there for warming. Everyone was responsible for bringing 1 topping for the hot dogs and one for the ice cream.


I brought hint of lime chips and smoked peach salsa to snack on, and onions for the hot dogs.

I made 1 chili cheese dog and 1 brauwt which wasn't delicious at all. Eating a chili cheese dog brought back memories of being pregnant. It was all I craved in the beginning and it tasted so good!


The toppings for the ice cream social were sprawling. I was responsible for bringing cookie dough. Mmmmmmm it was so good. Just like Cold Stone!!!


We had marshmallows, cookie dough, brownies, almonds, gummy bears, sour worms, sprinkles, chocolate sauce, magic shell, pineapple sauce, strawberry sauce, caramel, marshmallow cream puff (a personal favorite), whipped cream, and cherries. And if you're wondering, no- Jackson was not allowed to have any of that sugary junk. I shared blackberries with him for dessert, while I ate ice cream.


It was wild to say the least but exactly what we all needed. The first day of school is always hard, and coop and McKenna braved it well. Tonight was a good break from all that has been going on. We were all together, laughing, playing with Jackson and Cake, and just enjoying being in the moment. I don't know how she does it, but my mom was so right about this. We all needed a dose of family, food, and a lot of toppings to cheer us up. This was the best Hot Dog/ Ice Cream Social I have ever been to. And certainly the most needed one as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment