Monday, October 10, 2011

Sunday Snacking

This will be a quick blog, because really, I am hungry! This was the gauntlet of food that I ate yesterday. Yes, it was a busy day for me food wise, but call what happened yesterday, me getting back on the wagon.
Mac n Cheese from BJ's Restaruant. It was ok, but as you all know, I am a snob about my Mac n Cheese. I like a traditional noodle. And, it is my opinion that if you are going to put bacon in Mac n Cheese, then distribute it in a way that there is a piece in every bite I enjoy. When there are only a few bacon bits on top, it ruins the flavor profile for the whole dish. I did like the saltiness of the bacon added with the cheese. I do wish that the cheese was more pungent. This cheese was way too mild for my taste!



Seafood Gumbo, looks gross but it smelled good!

This was BJ's attempt at a Caprese Salad. The balsamic was soooooo good, but I wished there was a little more.

I am a sucker for a good caprese salad. All my favorite ingredients- Tomatoes, Mozzarella cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette, how can you go wrong? Plus, the presentation was pretty. I am proud of my Iphone for the picture above.

Now we are working backwards, but Colleen and I went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory. I know what you are thinking- how could she eat all this food, and what a pig! But I do it for the blog, it's all of my bloggers and the love of the food!

This is the best cheesecake in the world- Dulce De Leche cheesecake! Honestly, everyone is skeptical of this at first. I still remember the first time I had it was over 6 years ago with my friend Brad. I told him it was going to be sick, but he swore I would love it. Well, as it goes, I have eaten this delicious sinful cheesecake every single time I have ever been to Cheesecake Factory since. The Carmel whipped goodness on top is sinful and the cheesecake is light but rich enough to make your mouth pucker. It is incredible and well worth a visit!

Colleen and I shared a plethora of small plates. Our goal was to try and make it look like we weren't eating a lot so that our waitress wouldn't judge us when we each ordered a piece of cheesecake. Above it the spicy tuna tempura roll. It was good, but I prefer straight sashimi if I am eating fish. The sauce was good, tangy with a hint of spice. The tempura was also nicely made, it was crunchy but not soggy!


The stuffed mushrooms were good. The flavors were mild, but texture was soft and creamy. I liked the presentation of how they were served, but this was nothing that I would write home about.

Ahhhhhh, the Ahi Carpaccio! This was incredible. Not only did it look good, but it was amazing! The ahi was so fresh and cold which is a huge important factor to me! It looked like you were served a small amount, but the pieces were nice and thick, and layered on top of one another. I wish that they didn't put the oil on top. It didn't ruin the dish, but it didn't enhance it either. I could have done without the greasy oil. But this, was hands down my favorite! I am shocked that Colleen ate it also, but she really enjoyed it!
These were Asian lettuce wraps. The cilantro sauce was good and enhanced the flavors, but this is one of those dishes that isn't worth my time because of the headache it is to eat! It was so annoying. Unfortunately it tasted good but was hell to eat, I wouldn't order again.

So there in a nutshell is my Sunday in food! This was a good day, full of good food and good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment