Friday, October 14, 2011

Beef Stroganoff- mmmmmmm

So, as everyone may or may not know, Friday is date night for Jackson and I. No matter what we spend Friday night together, at home just playing and relaxing. I made beef stroganoff for dinner tonight which I honestly one of my most favorite meals ever.


Jackson loved it and so did I. I cannot stand ordering beef stroganoff at restaurants because it never tastes how I like it. Everyone in my family makes their own version of this dish.
My mom makes her version with steak, Alix makes hers with ground turkey, and Andie makes a hybrid version of stew and stroganoff.


Typically, I make my stroganoff with ground turkey, but today I used ground beef. It tasted great and smelled so good while it was cooking.





We had these gorgeous heirloom tomatoes that my mom had from the organic market, so I made a tomato salad. Chopped tomatoes, a little bit of balsamic vinegar, and a touch of pepper. It tastes so good and I cannot get over the coloring of the tomatoes. You'll see below! All courtesy of my iPhone.








This salad tasted as good as it looks. The reds and yellows in the tomatoes were so pretty and made for a colorful salad.





The stroganoff was delicious. Jackson loved it and ate a big helping. I was so happy to have a classic favorite of mine and I was pretty impressed with my cooking. I may be a great baker, but I am still working on being a good cook. I think I am doing a great job thus far!



No comments:

Post a Comment